Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Saturday, July 2, 2005

I Miss You...Still

[Originally written on 6/8/05 (7:00 PM)]

There are times when

I sit by the window and think…

We could have been… still…if not for…

I miss talking to you.

It was the most special part of our relationship.

We talk. We just do.
And every time we do,
we just lose track of time.
We never stop.
We go on and on and on.
We only stop until we sleep.

I miss your company

when I think of the ample time I get to talk to you in the past.
I miss your smell.
I miss your laughter.

I miss you.

And missing you makes me miss us.

I miss you attending to my meals and my stuff.

I miss the look on your face
when you idealize things for us.
At the time I could just giggle
at your silliness over the future.
…our future.

It is just now that I realize

how much I wanted that future as well.
It only hurts now.
I am still…with you.

If I could go back to the time

when you told me of those plans,
I could say yes to all of them.
If I could just have you here with me now,
I will tell you how I have…all this time.

I miss you…still…time and again…I do.

I cannot deny it to myself.

I have seen great sights.

Nothing compared to you.
But I look at them and smile.
I smile and feel like
I have never smiled so heartily
as I have when I smile at the sight of you.

“At sixteen it’s always true…”


I remember yet again, and it aches.

Because I did fall at that time
and you were the one
who was there to catch me.

You have since then been there

to make sure I don’t lose ground.
Been there to keep me whole.

I miss you…still…


Losing you has prompted

a string of other losses as well.
But the most is losing my soul mate.

I miss you…still…

I always will……
regret the day I said Goodbye.

I love you…still…love you.

I miss you.

my heart lay fast asleep,
full of dreams and wishes to keep,
but whispers suddenly tickled my ear,
again tonight I feel you near...


© Theren Alexander 2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very well written. I admire your prowess.

Write some more.

Anonymous said...

Heartfelt...splendid!