Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 PEOPLE of my YEAR and THE GOOD YEAR

"May you live in interesting times..." was mentioned in my astrological forecast for 2013 from an ancient Chinese saying. I believe I have and I had the time of my life. Two words for my 2012...INTERESTING and AMAZING! I regard this as my REBIRTH year.

I would like to review my 2012 with comments on a few people who have made this year utter memorable that will constantly make me reminisce it with a smile.







KARL. i love you. i will always regard you as my redemption to goodness. perhaps i never told you how much of the person you are i admire. maybe in another life. i have nothing bad to say about you because you have been nothing but good to me and thoughts of you always make me smile. no matter where life may take us i will always be here for you.






ABET. i treasure you. you always rescue me from my melodramas. sometimes i feel like you are the good side of me, the reflection of who i should be. i could never thank you enough for all the time you spend to be next to me in both my happy and crucial moments. for making sure you are there when i am drunk so you can clean up after my vomit and ensure that i don't lose ground. because of that i gave up drinking altogether. you deserve better. i am praying for that person for you one day.






MICHAEL A. i want to see you! 11 years of online friendship, wow! we should be holding a record by now. thank you for always finding me and enduring this friendship with me. we have had our odd times but you always manage to stay in my life. if all friends were like you then one should not worry about burnt bridges. you know i love you even if i don't tell you that often. thank you for believing in me.















CHARLIE. i missed you. i laughed at the thought that you almost fell off the chair when you finally found me online, after recognizing my smile on my facebook profile picture, that you did not seem to have outgrown since college. it made me happy though that since friendster you said you never stopped searching for me. it made me feel special because you have always been one special person in my life. i miss our time at the university. you made me believe in friendship through the years.
















MICHAEL P. i am happy for you. even if i haven't met you in person yet, i can tell that you are a man with a big heart.  i meant every word i regarded of you to her. i hold great respect for people who know how to value people's feelings especially men who do and it is amazing that i hold amply of that for you. i know you will take care of her without us having to tell you, so we're good on that. you made me believe in true love over again. even from across the miles you managed to extract all the laughter from a complete stranger. WHO DOES THAT?!!?? haha















LEAH. i have faith in you.  my angel in disguise.  you are like a sister to me. i may have said this over and over again that the best thing about our friendship is our conversations over coffee. you are the humblest person i know, which is why i think most people find it hard to break your heart. you are someone who does not think ill of anyone. you love patiently. he is ever so lucky to have you! madam for me you are superwoman and i love that i am a part of your life.
















myDUDE. i am constantly praying for you. like i always tell you, i am willing to break balls and bones for you. you are a beautiful person inside-out. anyone who does not see that is flat blind. you inspire me greatly to fight for my right and my happiness, after seeing the woman warrior that you have become. i am proud of you and i love you my dude. i will patiently wait for that one day when you can spread your wings and fly.





CYRA. i salute you. your struggles those many many years and how they somehow robbed you off your youth bring me to tears sometimes. and i come to think that anyone with petty problems is an understatement to you. yet you pose with a genuine smile on your face as if the whole world is not against you. i salute you in the way that you face your struggles. i hope one day you will be rewarded the happiness and contentment in life that you truly deserve.














BERNA and TSONG. i admire the two of you! classic you and me against the world. you have both been so good to me, i don't know what i did to deserve your friendship and kindness. when i see the two of you together i nod and tell myself there is reason to go on with my own fight. thank you for inspiring me to hold on for better days.





MOM and DAD. i will fight for you. a living example of unconditional love. a love for better or for worst. for richer or for poorer. in sickness or in health. a love till death do them part. i am in awe of my parents' love for one another, more so that of my mom for my dad. in my life i hope to find a love like theirs. i love you mom and dad. you are the reason i keep on fighting.


I am thankful to all the people I have mentioned in this year-end entry. I am actually more than just thankful. I thank God for them. It was not a smooth sailing year but with them along my journey I have somehow managed to fulfill my promise to see only the goodness in everything as I fought my way through.





© Theren Alexander 2012

2 comments:

nina gallagher said...

I hope to be a part of your year in 2013 =)

_Mark_ said...

"ONLY THE GOODNESS IN EVERYTHING..." That in itself is a great struggle. My admiration for you just leveled up! :)