Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LiVE.LaUGh.LoVE


You can say I was paralyzed for a time. I got caught up in a reverie longer than I imagined. But in that time of paralysis I was presented the chance to rethink and rebuild my life. I found myself seated across Vilma one unscheduled afternoon at a rather crowded Gloria Jean’s shop in Megamall, with an unsolicited remark, after taking a good look at me, she said, “You look happy.” I was dressed in my customary faded green Old Navy shorts and a maroon blouse, tagging my usual Bench clutch bag and what I now call my renewed self.

The past year made me experience the best and worst time of my life. I was entangled in a point where I was tossing and turning and not really coming full circle.

I came to Manila.
I fell in love.
I quit the job I loved so much.
I got broke.
I was broken hearted.
I was also unforgivably presented with the many types of characters that I wasn’t aware could really exist.

If you think about it, these were just too many scenarios one can accommodate. But they happened like they had to. Because at the end of it all, there were vital lessons I had to be fed with for my renaissance. At the time of my repulse there were so many things that were revealed to me. There were a lot of people I thought were my real friends whom I ran to for rescue and really I can only count on my fingers those who were actually there before I cried for help. In that time also I realized life was beyond what I connote, that it was more than what I comprehend.

In the process of restructuring my life now, I will let go of the friendships that sank my sail, save the ones I almost lost and rejoice in the unadulterated ones since the very start. I have made new friendships too that I am enjoying so much in. I have started to enjoy good company again and collected laughter and memories. I am closer to my family now and I have a lot stronger faith and relationship with God.

Truly, things happen for a reason. I may not have completely regained the life and happiness I well deserve, but I am getting there and when I do I hope I will see you there. So then I can tell you to:

Live fully.
Laugh heartily.
Love truly.

Life is a matter of choice not chance. Happiness is searched not found. And Love is a thing to be waited not chased for…


© Theren Alexander 2009

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

think about this, "every moment you waste with anger and worries, are moment of happiness you steal from yourself."

so always be happy...
as u are happy i will also be happy...

as i have promise, i always be here for YOU, to live, laugh and love...

nina gallagher said...

Finally your happiness on its way. I am so happy for you, Theren. =)

BEN said...

There is always the time for everything. This one is relieving.

Anonymous said...

hi dear friend theddy, i am glad to you know that in your renewed live you are happy. i hope im one of those people who made it in your new life and im still your treasured old friend.

this blogs that you make are amazing. you really know how and what to choose for your words to describe exactly how you feel. i hope i can do the same, but i can only answer surveys in friendster,. hahhaha.

so see you around dear, you know you are always welcome here in our house and i can cook for you, eat, laugh, watch videoke and talk about those guys woo-ing you. hahahha

Shaleemar said...

Ate you're back! I am so happy for you =)

dora said...

"Sometimes happiness is a blessing, but generally it is a conquest. Each day's magic moment helps."

-Paulo Coelho-

I AM GLAD YOU ARE FINALLY ON YOUR WAY THERE. SO MORE HAPPY STORIES NEXT TIME, AYT? =)

Anonymous said...

Happiness can be found even in the simplest of things. Stay happy. Thank you for sharing, Theren. I am a secret fan.

Anonymous said...

“you look happy” this is the very phrase that best describe how you have managed to conquer the odds no matter how dismal and disheartening the situation may seem. :) Thanks for sharing this Theddy gurl and for giving me the inspiration. One way or another, I can relate to you, and I suddenly felt a rush of renewed energy within me. Your words seemed like a small voice in my heart saying…you too can beat the odds, just continue to move forward with faith, hope and courage. :)

On a different note…I wanted to say that you have truly come very far Thed. From the GIRL I once knew, I have witnessed your subtle transformation into becoming a LADY…and now, a WOMAN OF SUBSTANCE personified. This by far is one natural transformation that a lot has sought to traverse, but only few has found. :)

And yes, in that journey to Happiness, trust that I will meet you there. I’m on my way…

May God continue to bless and keep you my dear friend. Always take care!


Kind regards,

Illen =)

Karlo Miguel said...

I am happy if ever you are and I can respect your silence. Thank you for having loved me that much. Thank you also for posting my pic here in your blogsite. God, I miss you so much! I'll always be around...

firenze_andrie21 said...

Hi Theddy Bear, I know this has long been overdue already. I just can't seem to always find the time to go in internet at home and I'm on sick leave because I have a neck spine injury.

Anyways, I would like to tell you that I miss you dear from the bottom of my heart. I miss the times when I could share anything on my mind and not be so careful with my words because I know that you'll understand these temporary outburts. I am glad though that you have already chased your dream of being in Manila as you have long been talking about it. I know we in EV haven't been around much when you had a lot of trouble there but we're glad that you are still standing tall after it all.

I hope you can visit us here in Cebu soon. I tremendously enjoy reading your mind talk here in your blog dear, keeps me abreast with your happenings there.

Take care dear, I hope someday you'll get that publishing dream on the way.

Lovelots and Hugs,
Drei