Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Friends

12/29/05 10:50pm

He sends me messages every now and then. I don’t know what we are. But I remember one time we said we’d call it a friendship of some sort.

He sends me messages that are sweet and meaningful. They are forwarded but I know that they have been forwarded to me for a reason.

His messages speak of a friendship that seems a level higher than the usual camaraderie we speak of. His messages say things like he is there even when we are not always united physically. Some express ideas that even when he doesn’t often say it, he cares and he’s just there to stand by me and fight for me.

We are both not single in the league of love lives. He even has told me of two relationships he currently has flaming. And we laugh it off as if it was all right. I never took up the courage to give him a spanking when I could’ve knowing that it’s my sexuality he is playing with.

He is special. I have no further description to it. He just is.

We met at the most unconventional sort of meeting. It wasn’t like the usual party of the friend of the friend of my friend. It wasn’t at a formal cocktail affair or weekend gimmick. We met at the workplace.

Whenever we got together for the day’s itinerary, he is the very person to spice the usual “Yes, Ma’am”, “Yes, Sir” scene we live in at the corporate environment. He makes things seem a little lighter when everything else is about to fall apart.

He makes me smile. It is his zest for life that infects my sour outlook towards the maddening circumstances of this world. His laughter is the most gracious thing a workplace could ever have to break free from whatever norm we inflict in our daily office and field lives. He is simply contagious.

I am writing with thoughts and inspirations coming from him, like the bubbles oozing from a newly opened champagne

When down times hover over my serenity I come to think of him and the ready smile he has for me every time we get together. A thought of him is like a dose of bliss that I can count on to take away my frown at the rest of the world. He is like a pint of mango-flavored ice cream, 99 per cent fat free and a little less on the chill.

He and I am not your regular lovey-dovey in the streets. We are friends of some sort and that is what we will be as pre-defined.


Copyright ©2005 Theren Alexander

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice blog. i like your style! keep it up. write some more...