Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Friday, August 31, 2012

NAZARETH HOME

Separation anxiety...

I hate GOODBYES! Because I don't like the feeling. In my lifetime to date I must have cried for a lot of them already. The problem with me is I hold on to a lot of things too dearly. One of these days I will have to learn the art of letting go and moving on.

Today I will be moving into my newest pad...yet again. Since time immemorial I remember never being in one place. Back in Zamboanga City even when I still lived with my parents I would always be sleeping over at my friends' houses or my relatives. Probably I was born to travel or wander. I am a wanderer by nature. What would it feel like to be in a lot of places at once? In Cebu I probably lived in four or five residences. In Metro Manila this will be my 11th. Whoa! Haha!


NAZARETH HOME


Since I am moving, I have to part ways with my very good friend Leah who took me in for almost a month until I found a new place to live in. I mentioned to her that I was saddened by the realization that I will not be sleeping in her hotel room anymore which I have grown accustomed to and started calling home. Leah just laughed at my melodrama and said, "Shut up! You are moving just next door to my building and you have a key to my unit!" Yeah, I was succumbing to my drama that I disregarded those facts. Hahaha! Anyway, it was a sad moment. I just paid attention. 

I will be missing Leah's cozy cube but my newest domain has all the perks. It's like I am suddenly dumped in a haven. I don't know how long I will be staying in this place but I know I will be making the most of it. My landlady is such a darling to begin with. She welcomed me to Nazareth Home by saying, I hope to have people live here whom I can treat like FAMILY...Ah! That was music to my ears :) I AM HOME!

So once again, let me quote: There is good in GOODBYE...it is the shorter term for the phrase God Be with You...

© Theren Alexander 2012

4 comments:

_Mark_ said...

Your home looks cozy :)

Theren Alexander said...

and HOMEY! ",)

prettyNpink said...

Hey, just started reading your blog again, you are such a great writer! Keep it up!=)

Theren Alexander said...

Thank you, JoAnne! I miss you :)