Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Saturday, August 4, 2012

OWENG

It took me 3 hours to blankly stare at the screen before finally deciding to write this. I am writing this because one day I will go back to this to check and see if I still feel the pain you have made me feel these past few months. I am writing this so that I can set this aside and move on.

I remember one of my final text messages to you:"God be with you, Oweng. In spite of this, I still wanted to let you know that I cherished our wonder years together. Thank you!"



You did not even fight for me...

Those were wonder years what we had as best friends. Some of the greatest years of my life, I would have to say. I miss our breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I miss our cartoon time and quality time just fooling around. I miss our petty squabbles. I miss telling you stories. I don't know why, again, it suddenly became cold between us, or why it became crowded to be around you lately. On the day we stopped talking, the clock on the wall stopped ticking...literally! What can it mean? Our time just stopped. We have come to an end and maybe this end is best. Maybe it was a bad idea that we moved in together. All I can think of now is maybe. After all that we've been through together, I never thought you'd become my greatest trauma.

You were more than just a friend to me. I loved you like a brother...like family...

I wasn't going to let you go, but you let me.

"LET things GO.Release them. Detach yourself from them. Nobody plays this life with marked cards, so sometimes we WIN and sometimes we LOSE. Do not expect anything in return, do not expect your efforts to be appreciated, your genius to be discovered, your love to be understood. In the end only three things matter: HOW YOU LOVED; HOW YOU LIVED; and HOW GRACEFULLY YOU LET GO OF THINGS NOT MEANT FOR YOU." -Unknown-




This quote made me think again to agree that YES there is good in goodbye. I can't understand until now how we can just throw away those wonder years we had together. Hard to accept but because I love you, I will...for you I will!

"You don't understand me, you never even tried..." -Michelle Branch-


© Theren Alexander 2012

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiya and welcome therenalexander.blogspot.com blogger discovered your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://bestwebtrafficservice.com they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic Take care. Mike

_Mark_ said...

Theren, learn to let go of things not meant for you. That bis always the best thing. SMILE! :)

_Mark_

BEA said...

Truly, relationships are the hardest to get into and maintain. In spite of that you still managed to cherish what you had. You have an amazing heart girl! Nice blog. Keep it up! Two thumbs up!

BEN said...

When you love someone and it is better for them to not be with you...let go!

Theren Alexander said...

Soothing. Thank you for reading me :)

Theren Alexander said...

Hello Mike, thank you for caring about my blog hits. This site is a personal one. I did not build this for traffic purposes. So all is well. But thank you for the concern. If people wanted to comment they will post. If they just wanted to read that is what they'll do and it's up to them :)