Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Monday, January 4, 2010

Au Revoir to a Beautiful Memoir in August

"My Best Friend..."

That was what he instantly thought of when he fetched me at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in August of 2006, he told me. Now three years and four months after that sealed friendship:

"I was seated at the dining table across him...watching him with suppressed tears while he packed my things. It was more than just a sad feeling to part from the one person I loved so much, who for me has always been the BEST person in the world..."

December 30,2009 marked the end of all the good and bad times I had with "BEST", as I fondly call him. But they were three great years as far as I can remember it. He however was not the first best friend whom I've shut out my world from. But he was the best among them all.

I shall miss the times we spend on movies and our cartoon time. The many breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Our occasional immature squabbles. Our improvised tag lines like "WE CAN CHING", and how we are used to mimic lines from our favorite animated flicks. Ah, good times!

Perhaps, I will never find another best friend like him. I agree to his sentiments about me, I too believe there's nobody else that can compare to him. But I also believe someone soon will come to take his place, and by that time I would have already accepted and learned from this additional turbulence in my life. By that time I'm sure to have become a better friend.

"You were the last person I ever expected to take me for granted, when you are the first person with whom even the littlest detail of my events in life are known."

But THANK YOU...I have learned an extra valuable lesson...

NEVER EXPECT TOO MUCH OF TOO LITTLE.

© Theren Alexander 2010

3 comments:

BEN said...

sad again? this is not good

Mark said...

Oh my! Wish I could give you a hug!

Anonymous said...

good one! i just brought many fresh emo backgrounds for my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info