Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Walks to Remember


Chances are you cannot have walks in the clouds...but you can have walks to remember......



Leah and I went for a walk around Ayala in Makati City today. We started on foot a few minutes past six o'clock in the morning. We went from Makati Avenue to the Ayala Triangle Gardens.



Then we headed to Salcedo Park where a market is set up every Saturdays by homeowners. It was my first time to see an actual cow being grilled, Holy Cow! My first time to see corndogs! On that day I also saw the most beautiful building ever built in the Philippines since the RCBC Tower!










From Salcedo Park we hiked to Washington SYCIP Park and Legazpi Active Park. The sight of families and friends hanging out on a fine Saturday morning made me nostalgic. 








We passed by Greenbelt and then back to the triangle gardens for brunch at Banapple, Yum!





It was very relieving and re-living to walk with Leah again. Back in Cebu we used to do early morning walks on the hilltops of Sunny Hills. It was almost like this minus the hills, coffee and her black Chevy. But I felt the same ecstasy and exhilaration as it brought me back to those beautiful morning walks. Those walks made me feel alive!

© Theren Alexander 2012

5 comments:

firenze_andrie21 said...

Good for you that you are reliving moments in Cebu in Manila na. :) miss you theddy bear :)

firenze_andrie21 said...

Hey theddy bear, great to hear that you are resuming your morning walks with Leah G. Miss you dear!

Theren Alexander said...

Dreisky! I miss you more! Ang suplada mo kaya hehe. I super miss Cebu and of course the people back there who made it a very special place for me while I was there. YES! You are one of them. I'll sleep over when I visit again :)

_Mark_ said...

One day closer until I bump into you in your wilderness, Theren...

Theren Alexander said...

One day soon =)