Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Friday, September 13, 2013

PRAY FOR ZAMBOANGA CITY...

The war will soon be over!


Five days ago I got off work confronted by a shocking text from my ailing mother that our beloved Ciudad de Zamboanga (Zamboanga City) was under siege by a known rebel group the MNLF, more specifically the group of one of the MNLF leaders Nur Misuari. This man is not new to any person who has lived since the day he had pronounced his greed for domination. His name to me is synonymous to the Demon. 

Since that fated day I have browsed through so many emotions from everyone and from all over the world. I have read of struggle, anger, fear and cries for plead. As of latest, news from my immediate family is that my parents have run out of medicines, but my Mom said to hold on, so I hold on. My parents are old and sick and each day that passes, if I don't hold on to my faith, I too will break down. This is one of those moments when one wishes to have super powers so that things can be turned around in a whip. 

Until today I cannot locate my exact feelings toward the crisis in my hometown. Some may actually think we are lucky we are not there, but for people like us who are away from home, you cannot imagine the depth of what we feel for the ones we love back there. My heart was further shattered when I found out from the news on TV's GMA 24 ORAS that one of the hostages in custody is Rev. Fr. Michael Ufana. I knew him from high school. He handled our Choir Group and we were really close to him. He took care of us like we were his own. 

Maga vivientes del ciudad de Zamboanga, mi familia, bisinos, amigos y amigas, aguanta lang ta pirmi na di atun fe kay mas ma fuerza el amor del Dios canatun. Gana kita conesos maga rebelde pendeho. Resusita kita ganao na gera. ARRIBA, VIVA Ciudad de Zamboanga!

Pray. Hold still. God is in our midst, my beloved Zamboanga. We will rise victorious in this battle and we will be free.

"Though our hearts are torn, we praise YOU in this storm. We will lift our hands. YOU are WHO YOU ARE...YOU WILL SAVE US. Our help is from the Lord, the MAKER of Heaven and Earth..."

We will RAISE and WAIVE only the PHILIPPINE Flag in Zamboanga City!

© Theren Alexander 2013 

No comments: