Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Pen

12/30/05 11:30pm

“Don’t ever stop writing.” That was the message scripted in the message sheet on top of the Parker pen given to me by my boss.

One December morning as I came into the office I found the pen lying on my desk. No one has really thought of giving me a pen for as long as I can remember. Everyone else in the office got the same brand of pen. I don’t know what it meant to them getting that sort of gift from the big boss, but to me it was meaningful.

My boss reads my stuff and appreciates the stuff I write that is why I said that it’s meaningful to get something relative to my art.

Will I ever stop writing? I believe not. Writing is the biggest part of me. It is who I am. It is the essence of my individuality.

I write when I feel dejected from the real world, so that I can escalate to a different portal where I can redirect how life was supposed to be.

I write when I am angry to release my turmoil.

I write when I am afraid to let go of my inner fears.

I write when I am happy so that my inspirations can become what you are reading now.

I have wanted to become a journalist and I pursued that career in college. I have finished my degree with flying colors but it made me realize that just because I am a writer it doesn’t necessarily mean that I should take up a course related to it. Because what you are naturally is not directly synonymous to what you can be in the playing field. By this time I have learned that I should have taken a course in marketing instead or the medical profession.

When you get out of high school, you are so filled with childish ideals and principles. You follow just the fine road ahead. That is why you easily get hurt by circumstances and think that what it has made you become isn’t worth the deal. I was like that until maturity sank in.

I will never stop writing.

I have already made a compilation of my forms of art and will carry on till my last day on this planet. I want to soar to higher levels of this hobby. I want to write about the fairies, the mermaids and all else including just my regular rants, raves, opinions or what have you.

Writing is like my dose of medicine each day. It has served like my advocate and my voice. For as long as there is a pen to scribble on a paper my thoughts will continue to spread to any available medium because that is how it will be for the writer.



Copyright ©2005 Theren Alexander

No comments: