Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Friday, July 6, 2012

Cocina TES

 French Toast ala Tes


Like WRITING...COOKING is also a passion for me :) and like I mentioned in an earlier blog, not knowing how to cook in our family is a crime! LOL. I actually quoted that from my elder brother John, when Abet and I went to visit him and his family in BF Homes Parañaque about two years ago. He mentioned it to his wife at lunchtime after I prepared us Pork Adobo. I told my Mom during my recent visit back home in Zamboanga City that after I perfect my craft I will be their official chef for the barrio fiesta next year! Here are just 10 dishes I have prepared over time and what made the preparation special.

SAMPLERS for Team Ferrari 01
These two dishes were prepared for Team Ferrari during special occasions. Pork Endulsaw was prepared for our Christmas Party last year at the Lancaster Hotel, while the Pork Caldereta during our most recent Team Building event at the Holiday Inn in Ortigas.
Pork Endulsaw ala Tes
Pork Caldereta ala Tes
SAMPLERS for Team Ferrari 02
I like the fact that my team mates enjoy what I prepare for them. So whenever I get the time I bring them what I craved to cook. I miss cooking for Team Ferrari. We used to have the same lunch breaks and I miss it...
Chicken Curry ala Tes
Pork Humba ala Tes
Lunches with OWENG
He used to be one of my most avid taste test recipients. I miss having him taste my dishes. I miss the friendship we used to have...Oweng's favorite is my Pork Adobo, that due to my forgetfulness I failed to take a picture of.
Pork Sinigang ala Tes


Chicken Tinola ala Tes
My 2011 Birthday
Some close friends came over for my birthday in October last year and these were what I prepared for them. It was one of my happiest birthdays. It was simple...shared with some of the best people I know!
Patatim ala Tes
Spaghetti with MeatBalls ala Tes
Dishes for Friends
These two other dishes I prepared for specific people by request :) Lechon Kawali Sinigang was prepared for Lizzie after she had to remind me that she wanted to taste it. She was delighted when I did. Pork Pochero, on the other hand, and to my surprise, is my best friend Abet's favorite. So I promised him this is what I will prepare on his upcoming birthday treat for his TeamMates. The Pochero dry run was demoed to my family. My Mom had everyone who came by the house to see Daddy taste it. So, while I was checked in at the Zamboanga International Airport on my way back to Manila, she mentioned in her text message that my Aunts, Dad's massage therapist and the caregivers were all asking for my recipe :)
Lechon Kawali Sinigang ala Tes
Pork Pochero ala Tes

For LEAH
She's been on a no meat diet for the longest time I can remember. Now to see the delight in her eyes when she eats my dishes is another long term I would like to recount :)
Menudo ala Tes
Misua ala Tes
Adobo sa Gata ala Tes
Lechon Paksiw ala Tes

Monggos ala Tes

Ampalaya Gisado ala Tes
Pansit Miki ala Tes
Afritada ala Tes


If there was ever one thing I will never tire of doing, it is to cook. I love to explore new dishes. More new dishes are coming my way. Maybe one day, if I don't become a renowned writer, photographer or travel blogger...I will become a CHEF on my own right...and maybe...just maybe...I will have a restaurant of my own :) Bon Appétit! JJJ

© Theren Alexander 2012

9 comments:

_Mark_ said...

You seem to be a master of everything! Jack of all trades hehe. Another soothing read, Theren. Tes is your real name? Just as beautiful...

Yours,
_Mark_

Theren Alexander said...

Thank you, Mark! I hope we can meet one day :)You made me laugh at the term "Jack of all Trades" hahaha!

chennai marriage wedding caterers best catering services in chennai said...

nice post good recipes... we are best catering services in chennai , caterers in chennai and marriage wedding caterers services in chennai .

abet said...

I LOVE the following lines!!!:

...not knowing how to cook, in our family, is a crime!

...It was simple...shared with some of the best people I know! (lucky one of them!)

...Pork Pochero, on the other hand, and to my surprise, is my best friend Abet's favorite. So I promised him this is what I will prepare on his upcoming birthday treat for his TeamMates.(can't wait!)

...I will become a CHEF on my own right...and maybe...just maybe...I will have a restaurant of my own.

abet said...

If you were a male person your name could either be:

"Jack" (jack of all trades[from Mark])

"Bob" (best of the best)

"Boy pick-up" (galing sa pik-up lines)

Theren Alexander said...

hahaha! yan ka na naman and your corny lines. thanks abet. miss ko na pig outs natin hehehe. lose ko muna pounds na gain ko tas smorgasbord!!!! LOL ",)

BEN said...

Mouth watering!

Theren Alexander said...

Thanks! I will cook for you one day. Shoot me a message if you are in Manila. I will give you a grand tour just like in Cebu hehe

BEN said...

I will, I promise...