Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Monday, May 1, 2006

TYRINE

(April 22, 2006 04:30AM)

The little sister has come back home. For all she doesn’t know, she is so endeared, as if all hell broke loose when it seemed like she was growing and she couldn’t call her in the same manner…for she was the first to call me that before anybody else in the loop. That is how important and special she is in my life.

During one of the most crucial moments of my life, she was the one who was present to help me get by. I always regard her as a little girl with the mind of an experienced woman, despite her obvious innocence, her ideas stand out.

Tyrine. The girl who embraced CHANGE in her life, and who fortified maturity before it blended in with the rest.

If for a very special recollection of her in the years that we have been friends, it is those one-on-one outlook-exchange-conversations we have whenever we relax about in our workload, have nothing to do or just when we feel like it. We talk. We exchange ideas. Usually, I find her joking about in those conversations with sense.

The sexiest thing about this girl is her ability to get on with life amidst the chaos and dilemma. She speaks of gentle reality, a woman of sensibility. She is amenable to recognizing her fears and weaknesses, but is brave to face them on the same note.

I look back now to that hellhole
The time I got myself locked in the dungeon
And I look ahead thinking I can move on
Because you said I could…and I did!

I look at you as a source for my refuge
Whenever I am weakened and scared
I look for you in the surge of my depression
Because the blink in your eyes shows me hope

It is your gentle reality that led me on
Your sweet inspiration that pushed me there
You will forever be the little girl
Who helped a big girl grow…

I remember us talking about love. We always do. The little girl is in a never-ending search for true love. She has a right to. She idealizes. We can leave her for a time in her little paradise until she can be with us again to fool around

Just one thing I have wanted to tell the little girl, if I hesitated to be vocal about it, ‘Please don’t be the next to say goodbye.” There has been enough. Because you keep saying,” If I am still there on the next…” It actually hurts like being hammered on the chest. Goodbye is a common thing, but when it involves a dearly special person in that farewell that event becomes extraordinarily unbearable. Letting go is the story that follows.

To Tyrine, I look at CHANGE positively different now because of your wider understanding. I look at LOVE more eagerly now because of the way you taught me. In this life and the life that we are yet to share, hopefully we could still be able to help each other stand our ground.

Should you go, memories of you, chewing a four-by-eight chocolate bar instead of nibbling, posing and looking stupidly pretty on snapshots and you calling me your Ate.


This was written as a heartfelt epilogue to THE SKY HAS TURNED RED


Copyright ©2006 Theren Alexander

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a sight to behold....tsk tsk tsk. and she lays there on the sand to further torment me...

Anonymous said...

if she is the lil' sis, what more the ATE? =)