Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Monday, September 18, 2006

The TIDE and I

Dare You to Move
-Switch Foot (A Walk To Remember) -


Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?
What happens next?
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before
Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between WHO YOU ARE and WHO YOU COULD BE
Between HOW IT IS and HOW IT SHOULD BE
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself
To lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to moveI dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened before


I feel betrayed and alone.


I can sing this song over and over again along with my player in the current state of mind I am in.


Specifically for these lines:
Between WHO YOU ARE and WHO YOU COULD BE
Between HOW IT IS and HOW IT SHOULD BE


Because as it was put for generation X, yuppies of this era never seem to be at ease with where they are. It was in some magazine I read in college that our generation will always look for better and will not be settled, which, I fear is what is happening to me.


Because we opted to go for finding our PLACE UNDER THE SUN, that we go through all these troubles to chase it and have it encased. What to encase is undetermined, which, in the long run, happens to be the problem.


MY PLACE UNDER THE SUN is in many terms exploited for the pathetic millennium graduate.


Career wise, when do you say stop it’s stable? It’s just three years more for me and I’d be stepping off the calendar, yet time flies too swift and what I really want out of life seems to progress the other way around.


Again the thought:


Between WHO YOU ARE and WHO YOU COULD BE
Between HOW IT IS and HOW IT SHOULD BE
On the light of one’s friendships:


One of my best friends told me this in a letter all the way from over seas: “Friendship needs NO PROMISES, NO DEMANDS, and NO EXPECTATIONS…just SINCERITY and TRUST.”


It suddenly prompted me to ask myself if I have these or had these in mind with each good friend I have and had. And I look back to all those times I have lost friends, and I begin to think that perhaps I have lost control of one of the NO’s in this thought on FRIENDSHIP. Did I have enough of the sincerity and trust to surmount camaraderie?


I have a friendship in keeping that has lasted 11 years, however, every one of us has gone on with our separate lives already. 11 years unstained by whatever negativity; continuity entangled by love and faith.


Even friendship is unstable. Then again, it’s in the way we really see it.


On love:


I asked Pinoy, Maya, Ate Mila and Nyen, “Why good-looking, good natured and faithful guys usually are taken, otherwise gay?”


I had this in mind remembering one very good example from way back my high school. I had this temporary adviser of the school choir within which I was a member of, who was very fond of me and had me as “pet” among all other choir members. Some years later I saw him on local TV, considering that he had some sizeable good looks and camera factor…he was so gay it turned out! So I was asking myself whatever happened to him? And to think I had in mind he liked me because he found me pretty. Hahaha! That was all for a little sister love, or was it because I had a hunk for a best friend? Whatever. Tsk.


Now I have a huge crush on a guy in my office, one of the big bosses around. I like him because he seems faithful and so into his family. Beyond the good looks, excellent people skills and cool charisma, I bring in my point…he is taken.


Maya said, “Because few as they are…they are in demand!” I failed to ask, “Which part? The taken part or the gay part?”


Pinoy filled in:


“Good men are taken. If you won’t steal them, you won’t have one.” – Ally Mc Beal


I asked: “So you’re saying?”


Laughter again. You can just imagine the silence in between.


Pinoy added: “That was just Ally Mc Beal’s idea. It’s not your crush’s fault that he is married. The conflict there does not lie in the object of your affection, but it’s you or us who always fall for the wrong guy.”


Yes, I have and have had relationships. So, I could relate. I wanted to relent though, and tell Pinoy, “I like it better when you replied in one of my other silly questions, ‘Kill the object of your affection! Kill him instead!’” And that was supposed to be with funny conviction.


So, Pinoy, really had to rephrase it to its general correctness so as not to be misquoted:


“There are also good guys who are not taken and not gay. These are the guys who appear to be good but are actually assholes. And this shows the imperfection of the human genome.” – Ally Mc Beal


Overall, what I am really saying is, in life, friendship and love, I want to dare myself to move while considering these other lines of that beautiful song:


Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?Where you gonna go?
I will take a step from being stuck here. I will go further. I will cross the tide with a new song:



What Might Have Been
-Lou Pardini-

Somewhere, lost in the wind
I'm watching you
Sunlight touching your hair
And I remember
Somehow, we said that we would never stray
But somehow we lost our way
Promises too often spoken
Are easily broken apart
I'm ready this time
I know that I'm no longer undecided
Don't wanna be a fool wondering
What might have been
Trace of forever lingering
Drawing me closer to you
A new beginning
Now I know
There is no doubt I understand
Just how fragile love can be
I can't forget
Your mem'ry found me
Now I know where I belong
I'm ready this time
I know that I'm no longer undecided
Don't wanna be a fool wondering
What might have been
Through every day, into the night
With only love to guide us
(Love can find a way)
I'm ready to go, coz I've got to know
What might have been
Let the lovin' decide, I can't run, I can't hide
I want you to know
My heart will show that
I'm ready this timeI know that
I'm no longer undecided
Don't wanna be, a fool wondering what might have been
I've searched everywhere, and nothing compares
When we've got love to guide us
(Love can find a way)
I'm ready to go, I’ve got to know what might have been
I'm wondering what might have been
I want to know what might have been
We're gonna find what might have been
Oh I wanna know what might have been
Oh-wooh what might have been?
We're gonna find what might have been


That I will be able to tell Pinoy, I will still write more about the same topic until I venture into the unknown…for what you have in mind:


“Bottom line, don’t be particular or picky, instead, be cautious and wise. I know it’s hard to be strong, but in the end, it’s you who will triumph over life or the lack of it.” – Pin Estacio


Copyright ©2006 Theren Alexander

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fast forward and so full of unnecesarry worries. BUT so conscious of what one wants.thats great! But why dwell so much in the future when today is the present. isnt it a gift that today is the present ? And what about tomorrow ? will it ever come? ha ha ... just enjoy today for that place in the sun will come to you whether you like it or not.the present will not come again and you may wonder how it tasted as you're so troubled about tomorrow.

questions you have too many but in time , all will be answered.be patient and as always...enjoy!!!

Theren Alexander said...

That is why you are always happy Tatay Ogs! I miss you already...I miss your laughter.