Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Monday, November 21, 2005

y0u

We have been friends since before we can remember. We are friends despite our race and religion. You were so amazed when I told you of my philosophy of friendship. Because I read a story in high school about a Nazi and Negro who came across each other at the Olympics as athletes and became friends past their nationality and skin color that which touched me and has since become my point of view towards friends.

I specifically miss the times when I could come to you at anytime to unload my worries and anxieties and you wouldn’t drop any hint of impatience over my childishness, not even when I know that you do get to grow tired of lending an understanding ear to me, or that you will have to hang on long hours just to finish reading my electronic mails.

I remember the time when you told me that friendship “is never having to say you are sorry”. Because according to you, friends are supposed to have an open mind about each other. You also told me that the foundation of trust in each friendship is too strong, that just any rust could never stain it.

We could be the greatest friends this world could ever have if only the missing link could bring us together to cherish our camaraderie literally beside each other. If we aren’t those miles away from each other, I believe we could even manage to fall in love. But this friendship that stands between our computer screens is just about as tough as any other physical friendship there ever was. Because despite the distance, we uphold this relationship like we could meet up during weekends for a cup of cappuccino at star bucks.

I love you. Many a time I have said this to you and you have said it to me in return. We are a part of each other’s lives as if we are just next-door neighbors. We are there for each other during our tough times, to stand by each other in moments of adversity. But right now, I want to elaborate on the fact that “I love you”. Why I do.

I love you because more than being that friend who has a ready-ear for good old ME, you are one very special person with whom I would want to be with for the rest of my life. I know you are one person who will never grow tired of having to listen to the chapters of my life that seem to go over and over again…that already is déjà vu.

I love you because the fact that we come from opposite sexes and nationalities, you endear on the fact that we are friends. Which makes it more exciting because coming from different countries with varying cultures; we have become a part of each other’s lives as if our parents were best friends in their college days.

I love you because of you. I love you because He gave me you with whom I can hold on to when the roughest road is dawning. I love you because it puts me in a secure area where I know that after everyone else has left and settled to move on in their lives without me…you are not gone.



Copyright ©2005 Theren Alexander

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

let the quiet words of your heart sing to me as the pen dances on the paper

Anonymous said...

YOU WERE MADLY IN LOVE WITH HIM WERENT U? LOL.. HMMMM THIS WILL CONTINUE FOR A WHILE I GUESS... THANKS ANY WAY