Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

NYEN

By: Theren Alexander
June 15, 2007 (04:30 PM)



Honestly I really can't find the most fitting adjective for her personality. I would like to think that I was her most welcoming colleague that first time at the Makati Prime Tower Suites, since I remember being first to come up to her in an attempt to introduce her with the other members of the team who checked in about the same time as us for that regular quarter meeting at head office.


She was like that ever since the start, silent, soft spoken, gentle, geeky and pensive. Okay, at this point of the commentary for Nyen, I would try to pen down some very closely resembling descriptions that speak of her.


If you haven't watched yet the latest Drew Barrymore movie Lucky You, go watch it or get a copy. It is actually a film intended for gamblers or poker aficionados in particular. I am not into poker or gambling. Actually, even the film did not do me any good to lure me into the game of wit and chance.


But what made me actually recommend you into watching the film? The film lacked in the cinematography and sequencing. Some what needed boost with its musical scoring. But just the story's concept and the dialogues redeemed the film's fall. It was a poker film, with heart and soul.


Nyen is like the motion picture I have just discussed above.


Full of life, but you need to look closely.


She is at a glance not someone who could catch your interest in that instant, not even afterwards. It took me time before I really got her figured. I remember one time I told her, which I don't know if it came to her as offensive or lacking tact, that I find her as someone who was ultra neutral. I said she seemed to me as someone who did not want to make a stand. She just laughed it off and later brushed it aside. I had all these fervors with me long until I awakened to her real depth.


Nyen is like Lucky You because she is an unusual kind of boredom. A boredom that awakens your senses when you least expect it.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Pink cheeks…meditative…deep…



Copyright ©2007 Theren Alexander

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Nyen is a name? Lol. Love the picture!

Unknown said...

yes, its a name..

Unknown said...

Thanks for this amazing blog you posted way back. I am deeply troubled that I havent given this blog a comment, so here I am....

Theren is one of my friends whom I consider as someone so emotional, in a good way. With her descriptive words that kept on ringing in my head, "neutral", its now that I began working on my own stand. She made me realize something so important in my life. She changed me. Theren did a wonderful thing! I'll be damned!

Anonymous said...

remember that friends are being earned and cant be bought in depatrment store or drug store...
lucky for you you have earn NYEN,
who is always there for you...
you have shown NYEN your love...

i wish you could also be my friend...
and i will try to be like NYEN...