Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

360/365 Let Life Happen

I woke up today three hundred sixty degrees opposite from my life’s disposition three hundred sixty-five days ago. I am happy and alive. It was just timely for me to have recently watched a Tom Hanks movie (he never ceases to amaze me) “The Terminal”. The movie revolved around LIFE and the PATIENCE TO WAIT. “Life is Waiting” so the movie’s tagline goes.


If I did not sum up my courage and patience to wait, I will not be where I am today. With that happy disposition yesterday I sent an SMS message to one of my closest friends Albert:


“I’ll be looking back one year ago since he shattered me into pieces and I’m so glad I’m still alive. That is why you have to smile. Because if I allowed myself to die that time I will not meet all of you, and I will never know what it’s like to be truly happy again, ready to LIVE and LOVE again.”


Now that I am reminiscing all that had transpired in the year that passed, I am able to look at myself in the mirror more confidently, already with arrested conviction that I have made it. I have survived! I have a lot to thank for in this renaissance, mostly the people and the events in my life that came in after that fatal breakup. If not for them I am nothing. I exalt God for making it all possible because he allowed a Great Tribulation to shape me into this persona that I am today.


I am no longer BITTER but BETTER.


I will celebrate a year of good harvest of a new found life, with new inspirations and new dreams to chase.

I will rejoice in my stronger relationship with God and my family.

I will hold a feast for new found friends. (It will include vodka and beer)


There are things in life that you become so used to that they become a part of you already. Like the strangers you ride with everyday to work on a public utility vehicle that could be your acquaintances; the irking moments when that public utility vehicle would actually pull over and refill at your most crucial moment to get to work early.


I have my share of those that I have gotten used to:


-Cartoon time with BEST

-Starbucks with Leah and Drei

-Videoke moments with the EV League

-Finding Denny asleep on the couch at the lobby

-Josh’s pout and frown

-Xavier’s sleeplessness

-Seating next to Albert and Rica


Quite just a few to mention from the lot, and I’d be damned without them my life will never be the same again. But really how many has changed since I left my hometown and exactly how many has replaced all that I have gotten used to? The patience to wait also constitutes the patience to accept all changes which may come in that duration. LIFE IS LIKE THAT.


The whole point is: LEARN TO LET GO and LET LIFE HAPPEN

© Theren Alexander 2009

13 comments:

Shaleemar said...

This one made me feel happy too after reading it. It's just intoxicating and contagious. Way to go Ate! =)

prettyNpink said...

kudos! greatly recommended! Seize the moment! as they say, patience is a virtue..^_^

prettyNpink said...

clap.clap.kudos for that great article thed! greatly recommended, and i definitely will..keep it up!^_^

Mark said...

Hi. YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME. I am wondering who/what keeps you smiling. Basically most of your write ups now sound happy. That is a good thing.

For a while I thought you will not write again...

nina gallagher said...

We are putting together a contest LOL. I hope I get to be first! Like I have been waiting for the pen to roll!!!!!!!! Hahaha!

I miss you. I am in Italy. Might stay her for a while.

This is a good one. Short.Simple.Sincere.

Miss you.

dora said...

Hey I have to win this, otherwise when I get to Italy I buy dinner. Switch it if you can dear! Whoa!

We are so relieved reading this. pretty in pink was right PATIENCE IS VIRTUE

BEN said...

At a certain time we all get to have our share of peace, our share of calm. I hope this BETTER disposition will pour in more wonderful stories for us to read.

I am very happy for you Theren. Keep smiling.

Michael Gamal Aziz said...

niceee worddssss
in my opinion best is when u live with God but i am confused now i become more u know in society and not closed and with God as b4 i dont know weither his is good or what ?? i am better now but theres alot changed in me to the betteerrr :)

Anonymous said...

bakit wala ako sa usual days mo... :)

no eating time with nyen? :)

hahahhaha

Theren Alexander said...

@ Nyen: I was thinking you would give such comment so sinadya ko. Lusot ba? Hahaha!

@ Shaleemar: Thanks for the emphathy *winks*

@prettyNpink: Thanks. Nakulit din kita hehehe

@ Dora & Nina: So how was dinner LOL!!! You guys have fun in Italy =)

@ Mark: My happiness is because of God and the wonderful people around me

@ Ben: Thanks. I will never stop writing!

@ Mike: No matter what you do always put God first!



Thanks All! =)

Anonymous said...

as i have said, writing is a part of your life...

here is where express your feelings...

good to hear that you have turn your life around...
from sadness to happiness...

for realizing that you are not alone and giving importance to people around...

hope and pray that you will stay happy always...

if sadness comes, i will just be around to cheer you up...

promise...

Albert said...

Men, that was awesome,special mention ako dun ha!

"one of your closest friends..."

"no longer BITTER but BETTER"
(I like that)


"I will hold a feast for new found friends. (It will include vodka and beer)"

Partly that happened. Feast? yes nagpakain ka and that was super "BUT" where's the vodka and beer? That has got to happen men!

"Finding Denny asleep on the couch at the lobby"

(that's the highlight men!!!)

I'm so glad that I'm part of your life Theddy.

You know why God gave you good friends? Its not just because you need us but because you deserve us; and not only to have few but many!

I may not be the first to tell you this but "You" are such a great person!

Theddy, I love you friend!!!

gvgracy said...

of all the articles written, this is i think by far that made me happy. you know how i love reading good vibes, and it would mean a lot if that good and happy feeling is coming from you! you are a writer indeed! Keep it up!