Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Morning Walks, Coffee and LEAH

08/08/06 (07:23 PM)


How do you chase the rainbow? Or reach for the stars? These I wanted to ask the pastry girl. Leah.


The girl with the never-ending search for meaning…


The girl who doesn't have a starting line and dead end…


Twenty-five years and she still looks to nowhere with the question on when, where and how to begin love. I would nudge her every time to tell her, it's in every corner and she just has to pay attention. But instead of listening, she'll maneuver to the next block after catching sight of that shiny croissant.


The pastry girl…


The connoisseur of baking and breads…


Innocent, inexperienced, an adventurer…


On the occasion of our morning walks, she imparted, "I was watching a tree planted by the wasted Sheraton building across SM City CEBU and wondered to myself how this unattractive tree could have been fated to stand there for every one to see and be distracted with. And then I realized that if in the event the tree could actually walk and pull itself from being rooted there, then there is a chance for a better looking tree to take its place."


Moral of the story, the tree and its incapability does not actually have a choice with its predicament for the moment. Moreover, as we inched our way up to the hilltops, she pointed to a jackfruit tree right by our pathway, which was equally as unattractive as the first tree she related earlier. Then she directed me towards the more appealing ones that were planted at the back.


I am in a current state of indecision and dilemma. I want to move on from where I am standing. Having had that talk with Leah, whose state of mind was racing with my level of depression, I have had pretty nice breaths of the early morning breeze and some very vital realities to think about...with a taste of her autism and coffee.


Is there actually a sign that tells you when you need to seize the moment?


Food for thought: "Theater molded the way I see life. There is no take two for a moment to happen, so you have to get out there and perform, not to look good per se but because you have a story to tell and a message to impart." – KC Conception on PreView, August 2006


Quite an impact of thought it struck me after I read over the article written about her. I have always looked up to this girl as a person with substance, and following her outlook towards life makes sense more sensible. What she has contributed as something to ponder on actually points you towards seizing that moment or forever wonder what could have been.


Yes. There is indeed "no take two for a moment to happen," so when I let that moment happen for me in this turning point of my life I have to move on from the big screen to the stage; from the scriptwriter to the playwright.


Maybe I have procrastinated for too long on what I could have done out of my so-called life. Maybe I have sat too tight and too firm on my office chair and revolved just around its proximity, without looking far out to the bigger and wider parts of this world, where I don't just see sand and stone verily trying to stick together but always falling from the grip. Out there where there is more than just the weasel and the monkey.


I am glad I took on that 30 to 45 minute walk with Leah towards the hilltops to reach and catch the dawn, accidentally losing the shot of a rainbow but almost always experiencing the tickles of the soft rain. I will also find that moment Leah shared amidst watching Lord of the Rings whilst crying her heart out and its golden irony, to really walk up those hilltops on a tenfold and make it.



Copyright ©2006 Theren Alexander



No comments: