Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Friday, June 1, 2007

MY MICHELLE

By: Theren Alexander
June 1, 2007 (2:15 am)



She will always be one happy disposition I will never forget.

Michelle…

The name of my favorite rocker chick,

The one constant comic relief besides Kathy…

…my soul retriever, my companion

You just couldn't believe why I can never write you the same decent eulogy as I have of many, because there are not enough words available to describe you. One sentence cannot have enough paragraphs to get me that period.

However, I have decided to piece this together to get across what I feel about the kind of friendship you have showered me, with which I may have to linger on from across the miles.

Your kind of friendship was one without judgment or boundaries; the kind that has seen me in my best and worst, without a trace of disappointment, discontent and discomposure.

I wonder if I was ever like you, if I have abused your calm for me. I wonder if you ever thought of me as anything but a nuisance. You always seem to have the energy to pull me out from my hiding and never an ounce of doubt in place. You were there when I needed you the most. You were there even without me telling. If I deserved it, you did not seem to have made a fuss about requiring my qualification.

Yours was one of the kinds of camaraderie I am inspired with, what keeps me whole. In the presence of pretense and assholes, your friendship keeps me going. But you are moving away somewhere farther than the clearing…

You are leaving and I don't know if my life will ever be the same again.

To think of you and your anticipated departure from here, where I am, my words depart as well while my lips start to shake. Yours is the kind of friendship I will keep looking for after you are gone. Yours is the kind of companionship I never regret knowing and never thought twice about after it came into my life.



You will always be a part of my missing…a part of my life…my Michelle.



Copyright ©2007 Theren Alexander

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...special, what she will always be. amazing writer. keep it up.

Unknown said...

Mitchy. Someone so true.