Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where is WALDY?

By: Theren Alexander


The whole composition of this entry consists of stitches borne from my wandering thoughts now and then amid my wilderness in what seemed like my first for ever. Some I have penned on my 2007 Starbucks Planner, others I have hurriedly clicked to compile in the notepad of my Nokia phone. A part of me wanted to write about my bewilderment and silence in all this span of time…the most of me wanted to flourish this rebirth from Waldy.

Where is Waldy? To some this may seem familiar as I actually just came across this phrase from an online YOUR OWN INTERVIEW survey which asked “Where is Waldo?”, and I just saw it fitting since I was also asking the same question for another person.
I have unexpectedly seen Waldy again last February 28, 2008. If there was any excitement the Sales Director’s visit brought me that day, it was that unplanned detour to Waldy’s domain. It is just fated because the last time I got a good glimpse of him under his consciousness was about two months ago. Seeing him again on that day brought so much relief from my wary thoughts when he signaled the recognition only a miracle would have allowed in his state. The queer smile he flashed at me made me realize a lot of things:

UNEXPECTED FRIENDSHIPS CAN HAPPEN

A SOUR DISPOSITION TURNS SWEET WHEN YOU SMILE AND LET IT
STIR

I have finally reached the avenue where I stopped the mass sending of forwarded text messages. When before I sit back and laugh at the really funny SMS from Jneil’s girlfriend and that I normally save them to draft for sending later to my GLOBE, SMART and SUN distribution lists, but now I completely prefer to just laugh at them and then set them aside for deletion later. I have set afoot a point in my life where I defied my norm in search for my PIECE of HAPPINESS…between black and white. I even came to terms with Leah about letting CHOICE go and CHANCE be, without understanding that part of the phenomena altogether.

Since my last real encounter with Waldy (by REAL, I mean, Waldy and I in our usual Tom and Jerry or Tweety and Sylvester state of affairs) and that heartbreaking text message came about his fatal fall, a fear already inculcated at the back of my mind that I may never get to see him again. Also the fear that if I do see him again will it be the same as before; the Waldy who never seems to run out of almost gentle mockeries for me and “I” the VERY WILLING RECIPIENT.

The usual laughter,
The usual fooling around,
The usual “Big Girls Don’t Cry”, morning greeting.

That question extends to a lot of some other special people in my life who have gone from me whether in good riddance or what. A lot more of them apart from Waldy that I take the time to devote thinking separately for each about how they are and what they are going through today.

I was contemplating on that catchphrase for SUNSILK that said: Life Can’t Wait.

I found myself nodding.

There are not enough words…enough to describe my pleasant appreciation for the joke buddy, genuine friend, substitute best friend and father figure I found in Waldy…not enough for a eulogy…

How can I go through life not looking for you or wonder about you? I remember every “WHERE” the way you “ARE”. In every story I read; the music I hear…every “YOU”.



© Theren Alexander 2008

11 comments:

dora said...

Waldy,Waldy! Where fore arth thou? Hahaha! I was actually on the search engine for Where is Waldo when I bumped into Where is Waldy. Some Waldy. Some emotion it must be for you to be able to pour out this much sentiments. I've had a quick run in your online hub and I said: THERE GOES AN ONLINE DIARY FILLED WITH SUBSTANCE AND HEART!

I can read you over again and still feel I have learnt little tidbits. Some art, Theren.

I will visit again.

DORIS

BEN said...

Your depth never ceases to amaze me. Quite a read I should say. Short but deep.

Anonymous said...

just want to ask "why are looking for waldy?" didn't you know that he never leaved you, he is maybe just around the corner, you just dont want to open your eyes to see and look for him. may be "waldy" can be a "her".

tell you something, did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, you are the "waldy" of others. how you miss "waldy" is maybe the same way some of your friends feels, they missed you too. why think of yourself, think of others, then maybe just maybe you will find the "waldy" you've lost and been looking for.

Theren Alexander said...

@ ANONYMOUS, Waldy is a real life character who has become one of my closest comrades. In any case, I kinda like the way you interpreted it =)

@ DORIS thanks for appreciating.

@BEN email me when you get the time. Miss our chats...

Anonymous said...

can you send me pic of sadako?

wheres waldy?

Theren Alexander said...

Hahaha! Nyenskie! Are you asking or are you what-else-is-there?

Yeah I will email you the SADAKO jpeg. It is a from a phone though, so bear with the blur. Mishew! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Very nice article. I will print and give this to Dem. I know for sure that he will appreciate this. Don't you worry, you can meet him again and the same state " Waldy" that you knew before.... Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

nakakaiyak naman, there....anyway, we miss you! visit us and waldy soon! kasulti na siya!

Theren Alexander said...

Please tell him I miss him! I miss you guys and my old cube =(

Anonymous said...

Good luck theddy. This is bloody touchy.. well you'll find your love soon.

Anonymous said...

"No matter how bad you feel loneliness will fade and even disappear when you focus your attention on things you'd like to explore. There's a whole world out there. Sometimes it's better to have time alone, to have the complete freedom to do things, without worrying about what other people say. In the end, you don't really have to think of yourself as a lonely person...JUST SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN ENOUGH SPACE TO GROW..."