Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Sunday, September 9, 2007

HONESTY

I learnt a very important virtue some days back, and this is the only time I got to write about it from my very toxic and hectic schedule at work. Since Gadget prompted me that very essential question, I realized overtime that honesty should always be bestowed to people who are worth it. I value honesty as much as you do. It was borne of respect and admiration for the Gadget Guy why I decided to confide and I was not mistaken with the person I chose to unveil. (Gadget, you owe me a comment to this one! Hahaha!). Some months before I remember I had written something about TRUST:

“I lost someone's TRUST after college let out. It was a comforting TRUST from someone who thought that just because I wasn't open to having his arms around me, it was already equivalent to NOT TRUSTING. That loss equated to losing him as well which up until today, I regret. However, where it ended, it did not mean a completely closed book. A chapter has just come full circle for the next to unfold. Which is why, you see, for a TRUST lost is a TRUST built. Because I believe I have learned what I needed to realize, the lesson in that experience, to move on and embrace the remaining bits of my life and those that are yet to come into it. I have lost TRUST many times unimaginable in my life, but so long as I have the TRUST that really matters, nothing else is insurmountable.”


So tell me, how do you define HONESTY? Let me know…




Copyright ©2007 Theren Alexander

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honesty can`t define by words my dear friend.. it has to jst observe.. hummmm.. like... when u learnt some virtue, honestly u shared with ur friends know now? humm.. yeah.. itz also called as honesty... ;) take care dear

Michael Gamal Aziz said...

honesty is a principal something u love doing it and working with it
u try to b honest as u can ... sometimes circumstances prevent u but u love to b honest and wana b honest ... u dont feel well when u r not honest and so :)

Anonymous said...

Honesty is not my strongest side and some times it`s easier to lie. ;)

Anonymous said...

Honesty is just being yourself, true to yourself, your words, in your action and most espcially coupled with the sincerest intention in everything you do, be it in friendship or beyond the bonds of friendship.

honesty is transparency. As I always tell you, you will know people by their fruits.

Anonymous said...

in honesty, you might hurt other people...

that is why some people lies, so they cant hurt the feelings of others, specailly those whom you love and those peolpe who are close to you...

so it is your choice...
to be honest all the way or not...