Thoughts for the Dawn...little pleasures of the mind, scribbled out of great inspirations from the hidden dungeon of her heart...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

REDEMPTION

Perhaps, one of the best moments I spend in my life is having coffee conversations. I was recently at a Starbucks joint in Ayala with one of my very good friends Riabelle. Her earnest comment toward me was that I seemed to have lost the gloom she used to notice in my aura. She said I look happy! I told her , one day I just decided to disentangle myself from my insanity & melodramas and I realized that THERE IS MORE TO LIFE. Needless to say, I am looking forward to 2012 positively.

I remember telling one other good friend and my constant seat-mate Cyra, that in the coming new year, my resolution would be to fulfill my previous resolutions in the past years. I also told her that I will do my best to see only the goodness in people. I will entertain more positive vibes in my life, because for quite some time now I have been wanting to do a complete makeover of myself, from who I am into who I should be. Who I am should be somebody better.

The following lines to a song represent my thoughts toward my 2011:

"maybe redemption has stories to tell;
maybe forgiveness is right where you fell;
where can you run to escape from yourself?
where you gonna go? where you gonna go?
SALVATION is here..."  
(I Dare You To Move - SwitchFoot)

Spur of the moment, during the Christmas week, while we burnt our hours at work, my blog mate Gracy, asked me a question she was also asked to answer. If there is one word you can pick to describe your 2011, what would it be? I choose...REDEMPTION!

My 2011 was very life-changing. I died so that I can truly live...





© Theren Alexander 2011

2 comments:

nina gallagher said...

hey! hey! hey! love your happy disposition on this blog :) happy 2012 Theren! Kudos!

_Mark_ said...

ah! doses of your thoughts, theren, they relieve me!